The definition of bona fides is acts of proof, honesty or sincerity.
Examples of bona fides are true facts.
- good faith; honesty, sincerity, reliability, etc.
- proof or proofs of honesty, genuineness, etc.
Origin of bona fidesL, literally , good faith
- used with a sing. verb Good faith; sincerity.
- used with a pl. verb Information or evidence that serves to guarantee a person's good faith, standing, and reputation; authentic credentials: “[His] operatic bona fides were prominently on display as he molded long, singing lines without any apparent pressure” ( John von Rhein )
Origin of bona fidesLatin bona fidēs good faith bona feminine of bonus good fidēs faith
bona fides - Legal Definition
- Same as good faith.
- Credential, documents, or other evidence of authenticity, good faith, legitimacy, or trustworthiness.