- the act of emending
- correction or change made in a text, as in an attempt to restore the original reading
Origin of emendationMiddle English emendacioun from Classical Latin emendatio
- The act of emending.
- An alteration intended to improve: the editor's textual emendations.
- The act of altering for the better, or correcting what is erroneous or faulty; correction; improvement.
- Alteration by editorial criticism, as of a text so as to give a better reading; removal of errors or corruptions from a document.
- The book might be improved by judicious emendations.
emendation - Legal Definition
The act of revising a document.