- When you are involved in a relationship with only one sexual partner and do not have romantic relations with anyone else, this is an example of monogamy.
- When you have only one spouse, this is an example of monogamy.
Monogamy is defined as being faithful to only one romantic partner, or to being married to only one person at a time.
- the practice or state of being married to only one person at a time
- loosely faithfulness in a relationship between unmarried partners
- Rare the practice of marrying only once during life
- Zool. the practice of having only one mate during a mating season or for life
Origin of monogamyFrench monogamie from Ecclesiastical Late Latin monogamia from Gr: see mono- and -gamy
- The practice or condition of having a single sexual partner during a period of time.
- a. The practice or condition of being married to only one person at a time.b. The practice of marrying only once in a lifetime.
- Zoology The condition of having only one mate during a breeding season or during the breeding life of a pair.
- A form of sexual bonding involving a permanent pair bond between two beings.
From mono- +"Ž -gamy
monogamy - Legal Definition
A law or custom permitting a person to be married to only one spouse.