- When you are involved in a relationship with only one sexual partner and do not have romantic relations with anyone else, this is an example of monogamy.
- When you have only one spouse, this is an example of monogamy.
- the practice or state of being married to only one person at a time
- loosely faithfulness in a relationship between unmarried partners
- Rare the practice of marrying only once during life
- Zool. the practice of having only one mate during a mating season or for life
Origin of monogamyFrench monogamie ; from Ecclesiastical Late Latin monogamia ; from Gr: see mono- and amp; -gamy
- The practice or condition of having a single sexual partner during a period of time.
- a. The practice or condition of being married to only one person at a time.b. The practice of marrying only once in a lifetime.
- Zoology The condition of having only one mate during a breeding season or during the breeding life of a pair.
- A form of sexual bonding involving a permanent pair bond between two beings.
From mono- +"Ž -gamy
monogamy - Legal Definition