- Produce is defined as products of agriculture, particularly fruits and vegetables.
An example of produce is a carrot.
- Produce is defined as to create or bring into being.
An example of produce is to paint a work of art.
- to bring to view; offer for inspection: to produce identification
- to bring forth; bear; yield: a well that produces oil
- to make or manufacture: to produce steel
- to bring into being; create: to produce a work of art
- to cause; give rise to: war produces devastation
- to get (a play, film, TV program, etc.) ready for presentation to the public
- to supervise (a recording session, musical recording, etc.) and determine the final sound mix of the recording
- Econ. to create (anything having exchange value)
- Geom. to extend (a line or plane)
Origin of produceClassical Latin producere ; from pro-, forward + ducere, to lead, draw: see pro- and amp; duct
verbpro·duced, pro·duc·ing, pro·duc·es
- To bring forth; yield: a plant that produces pink flowers.
- a. To create by physical or mental effort: produce a tapestry; produce a poem.b. To manufacture: factories that produce cars and trucks.
- To cause to occur or exist; give rise to: chemicals that produce a noxious vapor when mixed.
- To bring forth; exhibit: reached into a pocket and produced a pack of matches; failed to produce an eyewitness to the crime.
- To act or operate as producer for: produce a stage play; produce a video.
- Mathematics To extend (an area or volume) or lengthen (a line).
- To make or yield products or a product: an apple tree that produces well.
- To manufacture or create economic goods and services.
Origin of produceMiddle English producen, to proceed, extend, from Latin pr&omacron;d&umacron;cere, to extend, bring forth : pr&omacron;-, forward; see pro–1 + d&umacron;cere, to lead; see deuk- in Indo-European roots.
- pro·duc′i·ble, pro·duce′a·ble
(third-person singular simple present produces, present participle producing, simple past and past participle produced)
- To yield, make or manufacture; to generate.
- To make (a thing) available to a person, an authority, etc.; to provide for inspection.
- (media) To sponsor and present (a motion picture, etc) to an audience or to the public.
- (mathematics) To extend an area, or lengthen a line.
- to produce a side of a triangle
- Items produced.
- Amount produced.
- Harvested agricultural goods collectively, especially vegetables and fruit, but possibly including eggs, dairy products and meat; the saleable food products of farms.
- (Australia) Livestock and pet food supplies.
produce - Legal Definition